A closer look: MSD Richard T. Clark Fellowship for Global Health
The MSD Richard T. Clark Fellowship for Global Health is a three-month, corporate pro bono program designed to leverage the skills and talents of our employees worldwide. Teams of highly skilled Fellows are assigned to non-governmental organization (NGO) partners to help build their capacity and provide increased access to health services and education in the communities they serve. In turn, the Fellows bring back experiences that contribute to our company’s future success and ability to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and customers around the world.
Areas of impact
The MSD Richard T. Clark Fellowship for Global Health focuses on three areas of impact:
- Strengthening the capacity and reach of NGO partners with technical and human capital support.
- Providing rich professional-development experiences for our selected employees.
- Applying key learnings across the company.
Opportunities for our talent
The Fellowship program works in collaboration with our human resources team to integrate diverse skill sets, experience, points of view and backgrounds into each team. This boosts creativity and innovation, yielding sustainable results for the NGO partners. The Fellow selection process, preparation activities, manager support and reintegration activities all align with our objectives to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest talent.
Our NGO partners vary from year to year. Our partner organizations have proven expertise and success in implementing programs that improve access to health, strengthen health systems and/or support the advancement of research and development capabilities. Program guidelines prohibit projects that focus on the research and/or development of specific compounds or biological agents for the treatment and prevention of disease.
The Fellowship has been recognized by several external organizations including:
- Feature in Life Science Leader magazine called “Big Pharma’s Unique Approaches to Leadership Development”
- Inspiring Practice Award from the International Association for Volunteer Effort
- Brandon Hall Group Human Capital Management Gold Excellence Award for Learning and Development