We partner with qualified suppliers to make a difference in the lives of patients by providing innovative solutions, products and services.
Creating economic empowerment through diversity & inclusion
Economic inclusion & supplier diversity is the core of our diverse and inclusive procurement practices.
Our investment and development of diverse-owned businesses provide economic impact, job creation and can lead to advanced products by accelerating growth, innovation and competitive advantage.
We create economic opportunities for underrepresented communities by procuring products and services from small, minority-, women-, veteran-, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT)-, and disability-owned business enterprises.
To successfully manage our program, we have implemented other tools and programs to help build a world-class program and work to ensure the growth, sustainability and increased competitiveness of our diverse suppliers. These include sustainability planning, mentoring, a robust second-tier program, and scholarships and other external educational opportunities for suppliers.
It is our policy to provide maximum practical opportunity to diverse suppliers to provide goods and services to the company as part of our corporate procurement process. The use of diverse suppliers is an integral part of our purchasing procedures, just as equal opportunity employment is central to our personnel policies and procedures.
We recognize that supplier diversity creates a competitive advantage for our company and positively impacts the global community. We believe that the success of the company and society depends on enabling diverse businesses to share and grow in the global market.
What we buy
When buying goods and services, we try to find the best total value as efficiently as we can. Here's what we buy:
Product service area
- Capital equipment
- Engineering & construction services
- Environmental & waste management
- Industrial maintenance
- Engineering construction services
- Production materials, packaging toll
- Fuels and utilities
- Professional services
- HR, benefits & training
- Finance, banking & corporate insurance
Site & commercial services
- Site services
- Travel & transportation
- Meeting & event planning
- Administrative spend
- Logistics & associated services
- Information technology & services
Global marketing services
- Media management
- Lab supplies, chemicals & animal
- Laboratory equipment
Register as a potential supplier
Our procurement professionals use several sources to identify qualified suppliers. Our supplier diversity database is the first stop in our supplier searches.
Registration in our supplier diversity database will:
- Ensure that we have your most up-to-date business information.
- Enable you to upload files that will help us fully understand your company's capabilities.
- Confirm that your company satisfies our “proof of certification” requirements.
Once you've registered
- You will receive an e-mail confirming that your registration is complete.
- We will contact you if we have questions or need additional information.
- We will contact you regarding next steps only if opportunities at MSD exist that match the products and/or services that you provide.
Please note: Registration in our Supplier Diversity database does not certify a supplier as an approved, qualified or authorized MSD supplier; guarantee award of a MSD contract; obligate MSD to solicit a request for quotation; or indicate that your company will be considered to bid on procurement opportunities.
Advocacy groups and agencies approved by MSD include, but are not limited to:
- WEConnect International (Women-owned Business Certification in Canada, EMEA and JCAP)
- CAMSC (Minority-owned Business Certification in Canada)
- CGLCC (LGBT-owned Business Certification in Canada)
- MSDUK (Minority-owned Business Certification in UK)
- Supply Nation (Australia)
- Integrare- Integrare Centro de Integração de Negócios (Brazil)
- SASDC- South Africa Supplier Diversity Council (South Africa)